In this article, we’ll explore the top 10 best platforms to do SQL online practice at different skill levels or learn more about SQL in detail.
SQL (Structured Query Language) is the backbone of relational database management systems (RDBMS) and is a critical skill for anyone interested in data management, data analysis, or software development.
Whether you are a beginner looking to learn SQL or an experienced professional aiming to sharpen your skills, there are various online platforms that offer interactive tutorials, exercises, and challenges to help you practice SQL.
These platforms offer a combination of SQL challenges, interactive tutorials, and real-world datasets to help you practice and improve your SQL skills at different levels of difficulty.
10 Best Platforms to Practice SQL
Here are the Top 10 Tools and platforms for SQL online practice to enhance your database querying skills:
SQLZoo is an excellent platform for SQL beginners. It offers a variety of interactive tutorials and challenges that cover the fundamentals of SQL.
One of its notable features is the ability to practice SQL with different database systems, including MySQL, PostgreSQL, and Oracle.
This versatility allows users to gain experience across multiple SQL dialects.
LeetCode is well-known for its coding challenges, but it also offers a comprehensive set of SQL problems.
These range from basic to advanced, making it an ideal platform for both SQL practice and interview preparation.
LeetCode’s SQL challenges often mirror real-world scenarios, providing valuable experience for aspiring data professionals and software engineers.
HackerRank offers a 10-day SQL tutorial that covers SQL concepts and provides hands-on practice.
It caters to various skill levels, making it suitable for beginners and those with some SQL experience.
The platform also hosts a wide range of SQL challenges that allow users to apply their knowledge and enhance their problem-solving skills.
Kaggle is a popular platform for data science and machine learning enthusiasts, and it also offers interactive SQL courses.
What sets Kaggle apart is the opportunity to practice SQL on real datasets.
You can compete in data science competitions, where SQL skills are often crucial for data manipulation and analysis.
Mode Analytics provides a free SQL tutorial that covers both the basics and advanced SQL topics. It is designed with data analysts and SQL enthusiasts in mind.
The platform’s practical examples and interactive exercises are ideal for those looking to gain a deeper understanding of SQL.
W3Schools is a trusted resource for web development and programming tutorials.
Their SQL tutorial is beginner-friendly and offers step-by-step explanations, examples, and exercises.
It’s a great starting point for those new to SQL and web development.
Codecademy offers an interactive SQL course suitable for beginners. The platform provides hands-on coding exercises and quizzes to reinforce learning.
Codecademy’s user-friendly interface and structured curriculum make it easy for anyone to get started with SQL.
SQLFiddle is an online SQL playground that allows users to write and test SQL queries against various database systems, including MySQL, PostgreSQL, and SQLite.
It’s an excellent platform for practicing SQL in a real environment without the need to set up a local database.
Exercism offers a set of SQL exercises designed to improve your SQL skills.
The platform allows you to work on problems and receive feedback from a community of learners and mentors.
Exercism’s collaborative approach can help you refine your SQL knowledge and problem-solving abilities.
10. Strata Scratch
Strata Scratch offers a wide range of SQL challenges and real-world business scenarios.
This platform is best suited for intermediate to advanced SQL practitioners looking to tackle complex data problems.
Strata Scratch’s challenges provide practical experience that can be valuable in a professional setting.
In conclusion, learning and practicing SQL is essential for anyone working with data or databases.
The ten platforms mentioned above cater to various skill levels, from beginners to experienced SQL professionals.
Whether you’re looking to build a solid foundation in SQL, prepare for job interviews, or enhance your data analysis skills, these platforms provide valuable resources and opportunities for hands-on practice.
So, pick the one that suits your needs best and start mastering the art of SQL today.
Related Article: SQL DBA: A Comprehensive Guide
References for SQL (Structured Query Language) include a variety of books, online tutorials, and documentation that can help you learn, master, and reference SQL concepts and queries. Here are some widely recognized references:
1. SQL For Dummies” by Allen G. Taylor: This book offers a beginner-friendly introduction to SQL, covering the basics of database design, querying, and more. SQL For Dummies on Amazon
2. W3Schools SQL Tutorial: W3Schools provides a comprehensive online tutorial for SQL that covers everything from basic syntax to more advanced topics. It includes interactive examples and exercises. W3Schools SQL Tutorial
3. Learning SQL” by Alan Beaulieu: This book is a practical guide to SQL, suitable for beginners and intermediate learners. It covers various database management systems. Learning SQL on Amazon
4. SQLZoo: SQLZoo offers interactive SQL tutorials and quizzes, providing hands-on experience with SQL queries and concepts. SQLZoo
5. MySQL Documentation: If you’re specifically interested in MySQL, the official MySQL documentation is a valuable resource. It covers installation, configuration, and usage of MySQL. MySQL Documentation
6. PostgreSQL Documentation: Similarly, if you’re working with PostgreSQL, the official PostgreSQL documentation is an excellent reference for installation, administration, and SQL usage. PostgreSQL Documentation
7. SQLCourse: SQLCourse is an online resource that offers a series of interactive SQL lessons and exercises, ranging from beginner to advanced levels. SQLCourse
8. SQL Server Documentation: If you’re working with Microsoft SQL Server, the official documentation provides comprehensive information on SQL Server features and usage. SQL Server Documentation
9. SQL Performance Explained” by Markus Winand: This book focuses on SQL performance optimization and is suitable for those interested in making their SQL queries more efficient. SQL Performance Explained on Amazon
10. Oracle Database Documentation: If you’re using Oracle Database, the official Oracle documentation covers a wide range of topics related to Oracle SQL. Oracle Database Documentation
These references cater to various SQL database systems and skill levels, from beginners to advanced users like the above tools to make SQL online practice easy.
Whether you’re learning SQL for the first time or looking to deepen your knowledge, these resources provide valuable guidance and information.
Related Article: How to Delete Duplicate Records in SQL?
DataScience Team is a group of Data Scientists working as IT professionals who add value to analayticslearn.com as an Author. This team is a group of good technical writers who writes on several types of data science tools and technology to build a more skillful community for learners.